Q: What is your idea regarding balanced diet?
A: A bottle of beer in each hand.
LOL. That was a joke.
But it is worth finding correct answer to the question.
Balanced diet is wholesome diet plan that includes all necessary nutrients for proper functioning of the human body.
Balanced diet should contain all macro and micro nutrient, such as – Carbohydrate, Protein, Fat, Vitamin, Minerals and pure water.
Following are the principles of a balanced diet:
1> eat 5 portions of fruits and vegetables a Day
2> base meals on starchy foods like potatoes, bread, rice or pasta
3> have some dairy or dairy alternatives (such as soy drinks)
4> eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein
5> choose unsaturated oils and spreads, eaten in small amounts
6> drink plenty of fluids
Following is an example of balanced diet:
- Breakfast: orange juice, 1 cup of milk and 60 grams of cereal
- Mid-morning: nonfat yogurt with fruit
- Lunch: a bowl of rice with vegetables, tortilla chips, 40 grams of bread and fruit
- Snack: 2-fat yogurt and 2 slices of bread with jam
- Dinner: Fish with vegetables, 40 grams of bread and a serving of fruit for dessert
A balanced diet should supply all necessary nutrients to the human body.
Please see the diagram below to get an idea of balanced diet.
Image already added